Have you been thinking about rejuvenating your smile? It is still January. Was that one of your New Year’s resolutions? There is still time. There is always time. Your smile is one of the first things that people notice and it can affect the way people treat you. Individuals with a bright, healthy looking smile are treated with more respect, get more attention, and get smiled at more often. Today a smile makeover doesn’t have to break the bank. There are many treatments to choose from spanning from less-invasive and less-expensive, to more complicated and costly. You can choose. Porcelain veneers are one treatment option available today. Take our quiz below to find out what you know about porcelain veneers.
True or False?
- True or False: Your teeth are meant to last a lifetime so they never wear.
- True or False: You can get crowns and implants for worn or damaged molars, but there isn’t much you can do for your front teeth.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers are expensive and invasive.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers only require two visits.
- True or False: Veneers can be used to treat a variety of issues.
- False: Just like your body ages, and your eyes age, so do your teeth. The way you chew and everything you eat and drink over the years affects your teeth. Your teeth stain, they can chip and crack, and they can wear down.
- False: Porcelain veneers are a common restorative treatment for front dentition.
- False: Porcelain veneers are considered a minimally invasive treatment due to their thinness. Wafer-thin porcelain veneers only require the removal of about ½ millimeter of tooth structure.
- True: The first visit is to prep the teeth, which includes removing tooth structure and taking impressions, and your new veneers will be bonded during the second visit.
- True: Porcelain veneers can be used to treat discolored, chipped, cracked, broken, uneven, irregularly shaped, and worn dentition, as well as to hide spaces and gaps between teeth
ABOUT YOUR SHERIDAN DENTISTS:
Questions about our Sheridan, WY dentist office? To learn more about our services, or to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors, contact us at (307) 672-7567. We welcome residents of Sheridan, Gillette, Billings, Miles City, and the neighboring communities.