In the past couple of months, we have shown you how you can use your old toothbrushes in different ways and additional ways you can use your floss as well. Today we want to ask you some questions. Did you know that you can use sugar-free mouthwash in many other ways besides cleaning your mouth? We have put together a short quiz to test your mouthwash knowledge.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Mouthwash.
1. How can mouthwash affect your hair?
a. Make it grow faster
b. Treat dandruff
c. Make your hair fall out
2. Which of the following can mouthwash mask?
a. Carpet stains
b. Smoke damage
c. Underarm smells
3. How much mouthwash would it take to clean your toilet?
a. ¼ cup?
b. 2 cups?
c. An entire bottle
4. True or False? Mouthwash used to be an antiseptic to prevent infections.
- B. If you have a case of dandruff, you can apply mouthwash to your head after you use your shampoo and rinse. You can still use your conditioner like normal after you mouthwash your head.
- C. If you dampen a cotton ball with mouthwash and apply it to your armpits, you will kill odor-producing bacteria that cause your underarms to smell. Deodorants only cover up the smell, while mouthwash can actually get rid of the pesky bacteria.
- A. It’s true. Only ¼ cup of mouthwash in your toilet can clean it. Put the mouthwash in the toilet bowl and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then use your toilet brush to clean more thoroughly and then flush it all away to leave your toilet as clean as your mouth.
- A. Mouthwash can be used to disinfect small cuts. The alcohol-based mouthwash will kill harmful bacteria, which is why mouthwash used to function as antiseptics during surgeries to prevent infections.
If you have any questions about how mouthwash can help you keep you mouth clean, call Dr. Coon and our team at (307) 672-7567. You may reserve an appointment to come into our offices in Sheridan, Wyoming. We offer services to residents in Sheridan and the surrounding area.